MSU Member Scholarships
Michigan Milk Producers Association Scholarships have been authorized by the MMPA Board of Directors to encourage post high school study for careers
in dairy management. The scholarships are for MMPA members, children of members, or employees of members, who are students in the Dairy Management
Program of the Institute of Agricultural Technology at Michigan State University.
Six scholarships per year are available for MMPA members or children of members. Each semester on-campus recipients will receive $1,750 providing the student:
- Is enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits each semester.
- Maintains a satisfactory grade point average (2.0 or better).
- Completes the placement training on a dairy farm different from the home farm.
- Continues to show promise for entry into the dairy farming business.
Basis for awards will be on applicant's:
- Merit as demonstrated by past scholastic achievement.
- Participation and involvement in the family’s of his/her own dairy operation.
- Involvement in related activities and organizations.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Recipients can receive the scholarship for a maximum of 3 semesters.